Monday, June 13, 2011

Anchors Aweigh!

This week's challenge at A La Card Monkey is a little easier, just a sketch, no theme.

Here's the sketch:



As soon as I saw it, I thought "Hey, I just bought the Open Seas stamp set and it has 2 round stamps in there". I also had some nautical print cardstock and I thought "why not" see what I could do. Here's what I came up with:


Instead of using ribbon, I layered a piece of the same nautical cardstock over some blue that I had and cajun craze cardstock. I used cajun craze ink (which seemed to match the "red" in the red/white/blue paper) to stamp the globe and compass.

3 comments:

  1. Both of your card are cool man cards. I just love that stamp set!! Thanks again for joining Terry and I at A La Card Monkey!!

    HUgs
    SHirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea using card stock instead of ribbon, Marie! I'm loving the nautical theme. Thanks for playing along with us!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love what you did with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete