Friday, July 8, 2011

Guest Design for Monkey 64

For Monkey Challenge 64, the theme is "Christmas in July". I'm lucky enough to be one of the guest designers this week. Here's the sketch:


Pretty cool huh? At first I wasn't sure what to do, I don't have a lot of Christmas/winter stamps. But I do have a lot of Snoopy stamps! We've already established that I love Snoopy. So how could I resist? Here's my "Guest Designer" card:


I started with Cherry Cobbler card stock. Then I layered a piece of snowflake acrylic on top of it. The glittery white and green cardstock are DCWV. I bought the candy cane embellishments at JoAnn's. I stamped the sentiment with Cherry Cobbler and used the decorative label punch. The Snoopy & Woodstock sledding stamp is from Stampabilities. Here's a close-up:



First I stamped the image with Early Espresso. I used Real Red and Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue markers to color in the image. I added glitter to the "snow". There's even a little gray pearl for Snoopy's nose! Now that you've seen my card, go on over and check out the rest of the samples at A La Card Monkey and then add your own to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment