Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thank-you Friend


Today's card is for the latest challenge over at A La Card Monkey. The challenge was to make a thank-you or friend card using the sketch below:



I just got some of the new Frostwood Lodge dsp, and I couldn't wait to use it. This plaid contains Cherry Cobbler and Marina Mist. I punched a decorative edge from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, stamped the deer image from the Forest Friends set in Marina Mist and one of the sentiments from Happy Greetings in Cherry Cobbler. I backed it with Marina Mist cardstock & attached it with dimensionals. The circle tag is from the Punch Bunch stamp set - here's a close-up:


I stamped it with Marina Mist and tied it to the satin MM ribbon with Cherry Cobbler/white baker's twine. I used my paper piercer to make the hole for hanging and I trimmed the circle to the edge and cut another one from the MM cardstock so it would have a wider border.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is sooo cute! Love the little deer, and the colours you used.
    Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey!
    Mia - guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Marie! You did an awesome job with the sketch. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. All the details are perfect, and the little deer is so cute in Marina Mist.TFS.

    ReplyDelete