Saturday, March 10, 2012

Springtime Flowers


It's time for some flowers for this week's Monkey Challenge. The crocuses are blooming in my yard  and hopefully it won't be long before the daffodils, tulips, hyacinths and lilies follow suit! This week's challenge over at A La Card Monkey (number 99 and counting - only one more week to Blog Candy!) is Flowers + sketch. Here's the sketch:


For my card, I started with a Crumb Cake base, added Tea Party DSP inside and out. Trimmed it in pink to pick up the pink in the DSP. The flower is from the Goody Goody Gumdrop set. I stamped it first in Early Espresso, then colored the stem and leaves with Old Olive, the petals with Bashful Blue and outlined the whole thing with Certainly Celery. The sentiment is also stamped with Bashful Blue and then punched with the Decorative Label punch. BB was also sponged around the edge of the image and the sentiment. I added some Vintage Flowers, a yellow pearl in the center of the flower and a pink grosgrain ribbon to complete the card.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice card. I love flowers too. Great use of the flower buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Marie. The colours are so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a nice job! A note about your photo: I couldn't tell your card is Crumb Cake. I think you need to use some of the white dsp chipboard to help the light bounce to fill in dark spaces and even out. Maybe put a white piece of paper under your card and to the sides. I can show you next time you're at the studio. :-) Great job with the sketch! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little card.. love your color scheme and the simplicity.. thanks for playing with us this week at A La card Monkey...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Marie, I love how you did the border edge.I am with Terry, I was thinking your card was a light purple color. I will show you how I take mine next time you come to an event. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week for Challenge #99 come back for Challenge #100. That is the week are are giving away the Big Blog Candy!

    Hugs
    Shirley
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, isnt that first sight of the crocus bulbs flowering just a wonderful harbinger of spring! :-) I love your spring flowers take on the alacardmonkey challenge this week. Such fabulous spring colors, too. So glad you could join us this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete