Monday, May 28, 2012

Here's the WWI Flying Ace

As soon as I saw the theme and sketch for this week's Monkey challenge, I knew what stamp I was going to use. Here's the sketch:



With a theme of the "Sky's the Limit", how could I not use Snoopy in his airplane! Here's my card:


The fact that it's Memorial Day weekend seemed to make the choices of color and papers obvious. I stamped Snoopy and his biplane twice, once on white card stock and once on the Bordering Blue card stock. I stamped him with Stazon black. I colored in the circle image with various markers, Real Red, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Pacific Point, Marina Mist and traced it with Bashful Blue. Woodstock is also stamped with Stazon black and then colored in with Daffodil Delight. The edges of both circles are sponged with Bashful Blue. I embossed the main card with a folder called Roman Bath. The sentiment comes from the It's Your Birthday stamp set and is stamped in Marina Mist. I chose scraps of various nautical papers for the bottom rectangles to give the card a masculine feel. The circles and the label are popped up with dimensionals.

5 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite Snoopy stamp you have! I almost bought it a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby... did you know they have a ton of snoopy stamp there? Love the card it looks like Woodstock is yelling.... "Hey Wait For ME"! lol Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey again this week!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an awesome Snoopy and Woodstock card! Shirley's right .... you can almost hear Woodstock squawking at Snoopy! Wonderful job with the sketch. This brought a real smile to my face! Thanks for playing along.
    Sheri (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Your Snoopy card is a wonderful addition to this week's A La Card Monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that biplane! I like how you spotlighted Snoopy and colored the image. Thanks for playing along with our Monkey Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love snoopy, this is so cute, love the paper combo on the bottom, thanks for sharing at a la card monkey

    Tina
    guest designer

    ReplyDelete