Sunday, August 28, 2011

Autumn Leaves and pumpkins

I can't believe it's almost September! We just started getting summer weather here in the Pacific NW and now it's fall! Anyway, Terry Su & Shirley Su have challenged everyone to make an Autumn card for Challenge 71 at A La Card Monkey. Here's this week's sketch:



Here's my card:


I needed a thank-you card to send to a friend, so this works perfectly. I started with a base of Daffodil Delight (even though Daffodils are spring flowers, the color works great for an autumn theme. I added a layer of Early Espresso and some leafy DSP that I found at Michaels. I stamped the pumpkin image using Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi inks. I punched it with the Decorative Label punch and added a layer of Ice Cream Parlor DSP under it, again punched with the Decorative Label punch. The Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon is below that. The sentiment is from the Pretty Postage stamp set in the summer mini. It is also stamped and distressed in Pumpkin Pie. I used the Postage Punch on it and added a layer of the same Ice Cream Parlor DSP underneath it - again punched from the postage punch. Both the sentiment & the pumpkin were attached with dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. Marie, I like the dsp you've used. Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really nice job on this card. I love the paper and the image you used. Thanks for playing along with A La Card monkey.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is going to love this card! The colors are perfect, I love the leaves on the paper, and my favorite is the ribbon!!! Thanks for playing along with our Monkey Blog.

    ReplyDelete