Monday, August 22, 2011

Halloween Monday Monster Mash-up

This is the 2nd week for Shirley's Halloween count-down Monday Monster Mash-up challenge.
Here's the card that I did for this week's blog-hop:


I started with a Crumb Cake base, then added an Early Espresso layer topped with some Pawsitively Prints DSP. The large owl is punched from Early Espresso card stock and the same DSP. For his "treat bag" I used the shopping stamp from the "Things I Love" set. The ink is Pumpkin Pie. Bet you don't recognize the tree - it's the tree from the Forest Friends set without it's leaves. (It's also backwards since I stamped it on the Early Espresso card stock and then cut it out.) The little owl in the tree is stamped with Early Espresso and then cut out. The moon in the background is glittery white cardstock punched with a one-inch circle punch. The ribbon is SU's striped grosgrain. I don't have many Halloween stamps, so I typed the sentiment up on my computer and printed it out, then accented it with the Pumpkin Pie marker and punched it with the decorative label punch.



4 comments:

  1. I'll say it's creative! I would've never recognized the tree from Forest Friends. Nice job! I love the moon, and the punched owl is adorable. Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl.. I love the owl card!! you know I have a weakness for that darn little owl!! Thanks for doing my Monster Mash Blog Hop.... You should take the Up off you post title.. lol

    Thanks
    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started week #3 in my Monster Mash Blog Hop, come by and check it out. You can make anything Halloween to join the HOP.

    HUgs
    Shirley
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    or right to the post

    http://lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com/2011/08/monday-monster-mash-count-down-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete