Friday, December 16, 2011

Monkey 87 Guest Designer


I'm a Guest Designer this week over at A La Card Monkey. The Challenge this week is to create a birthday card using their sketch:


Cute pig isn't it?

Anyway, getting back to the card. Since I, myself, have a birthday in December, I wanted my card to look as different from any holiday card as I could get it. AND my husband gave me a Big Shot for my birthday, so I wanted to use it right away! The basic card is made from Certainly Celery card stock. I embossed some Tempting Turquoise card stock with a floral embossing folder. I then sponged Marina Mist on the embossing to bring it out a bit and add some shadows. The image is one half of the flower stamp from Pines and Poinsettias stamp set. (I noticed that the flower looked like the embossed flower) I colored in the partial stamp using my Marina Mist and Certainly Celery markers and sponged MM around the edges. Then I layered it with Tempting Turquoise and CC. The sentiment is a stampabilities stamp, again in Marina Mist. The white satin ribbon is from Michaels and the rhinestone brads were another birthday present.

Now go make your own card and join the challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Very Pretty card! Thanks for being a Guest Designer for us this week at A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete