Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pop-up for Winter Wednesday

It's the last week for Shirley's Winter Wednesday blog hop.


I chose to do something different this week - a pop-up gift card holder. It was HARD! But I got to play with my new Big Shot :).  I found the directions on the splitcoaststampers site. Here's the front of the card:


I embossed the front with the dotted folder. The Christmas tree, star and ornaments are a die cut. The Christmas banner and holly are from the Pines & Poinsettias stamp set. Santa is from the A Holly Jolly Christmas stamp set. He is stamped in Real Red and Basic Black. Real Red is also used for the holly berries and sponged around the sides. A band of frostwood lodge DSP holds the card closed. Here's the back view:


The little Santa hats are brads that I found at Joann's. A length of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine completes the closure. And when you open up the card, here's what you'll find:


The two papers are again from the Frostwood Lodge DSP. The sentiment is from the Christmas Lodge DSP and the holly is another die cut. I used the decorative label punch to cut out the red background for the sentiment. Since I didn't have an envelope for the gift card itself, I made one out of regular paper.

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute. When do I get to see the snoopy tree? You should put a picture of it on your blog. YES?! Thanks for joining the blog hop!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete