Monday, February 20, 2012

Special Anniversary Moment

The challenge this week at A La Card Monkey was to create a card to celebrate a special moment. Friends of mine are celebrating their 29th wedding anniversary - that seemed pretty momentous to me. Following the sketch:

I came up with this card:


The Twitterpated DSP is mounted on SU cardstock - I'm not sure what the color name is, it's some kind of lavender. One of the Four Frames is stamped in Basic Gray and punched with the decorative label punch. I used the Sizzix Decorative label die for the background. I didn't have a "Happy Anniversary" stamp that would fit within the frame, so I hand-wrote the greeting. I finished the card off with a scallop die, lavender silk ribbon and pearls.

By the way, A La Card Monkey is getting close to challenge #100 - I hear there's blog candy to be had.

4 comments:

  1. How clever to use the Frame as the focal point of your card.It is very personal now that you have handwritten your greeting - love it! Thanks for joing A La Card Monkey this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mary Lee and her hubby will love this! It was so thoughtful of you to make the card - 29 years is momentous. Thanks for playing along with our Monkey Challenge, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Marie!! Love the card you gave to Mary Lee. I just know she love it. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!!
    I hope this comment works!! Here we go!! lol

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl!!

    Thanks again for turning off you word verification!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete