Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baby card for special friends

Some friends of mine just announced that they are expecting their first baby in November. Seemed to call for congratulations, so I got to work:


The base of the card is Daffodil Delight. There is a layer of a shimmery green and then Recollections paper of little chicks. I cut the ovals out of the green and DSP layers using framelets and attached a piece of white cardstock with the image stamped on it underneath the cut ovals. The image is from the Goody Goody Gumdrops stamp set and is probably the only baby-ish image that I have. I colored it with markers and, to add some depth, I traced around the inside of the scalloped oval with Certainly Celery. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped in Old Olive, which is also sponged around the decorative label. The corners of the chick paper are punched with the ticket punch and then pink & blue brads are attached (and to the label as well. I also made an envelope for the card with the same chick paper. Since I'll be hand-delivering the card, there won't be an issue with the P.O. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment