Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Did Someone Say Cupcakes?

Yep! That's the theme with this week's sketch at the A La Card Monkey Challenge. Sounds yummy doesn't it?
Here's the sketch this week:



And here's my card:

The background is a DCWV paper that has cupcakes and other confections. I layered it with a pink - which may be Melon Mambo, but I'm not sure. I'm also not sure what the blue is - it was in my scraps. I embossed the blue strip with - wait for it - CUPCAKES. The image is from the set It's a Loop Thing. I stamped it with Stazon black and colored it with Bashful Blue and Marina Mist. I added some glitter to the "icing". The sentiment is stamped in Marina Mist and is from the "It's Your Birthday" set. It's punched with the decorative label punch.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, it's cupcake-o-rama! This is such a sweet card, Marie. Thanks for playing along with our Monkey Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Marie! I love how the DSP and embossed panel both have cupcakes too :) Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey this week!

    Sandra (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Love that cupcake paper you used!! Super Cute Marie. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cupcake paper is fabulous. I could look at it all day and still see something new. Love your card.
    So glad you joined the Monkey challenge this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete