Sunday, April 1, 2012

Egg-cellent Easter


I made this card for this week's A La Card Monkey Easter + sketch challenge. The sketch is a pretty simple one:


What a cute little bunny! For my card, I chose a base of Daffodil Delight. Then I added a layer of a shimmering green pastel that I ran through the polka dots embossing folder. The Easter egg and chicks are papers that I got from Michaels and they're separated by a strip of Marina Mist that was run through a different embossing folder. The image and sentiment are from the Eggcellent Easter stamp set. I stamped the image with Stazon black and colored it with markers. I added Dazzling Diamond dust to the chick so he would be "fuzzier". I outlined the whole image in Bashful Blue. The sentiment is stamped in Marina Mist. I chose the ovals from the Ovals Original die, because after all, when you're talking about eggs, what other shape would you choose? lol. I topped everything off with some SU Brights brads and some egg-stamped ribbon that I found at Michaels.

4 comments:

  1. super cute image....love it and the colour is beautiful...thanks for joining us at alacardmonkey this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chick is adorable! And you found egg ribbon? What a great addition to your card. Thanks for playing with us this week, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are the little eggs on his head, love your DP's with the touch of ribbon! Thanks for joining in on the challenge @ A La Card Monkey this week :) Lucianna- A La Card Monkey (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sparkly chick is so cute! Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!

    Jennifer~guest designer

    ReplyDelete