Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Something Borrowed for Monkey 105


I made this card for the A La Card Monkey Challenge this week. In addition to the sketch, an element of the card had to be borrowed from a stamping buddy. My regular stamping buddy is out of town, but fortunately, I had borrowed the leaves and branches die from her awhile back and made several branches out of several different papers before returning the die to her. With that in mind, I had to come up with an image that would work with the branches. I chose the little deer from the Forest Friends stamp set. I stamped him in Soft Suede, added the leaves and branches and free-handed the grass in Old Olive. I added a little rhinestone for the accent in his eye. Here's a close-up:



The DSP is Nana's Kitchen from DCWV. The sentiment is from Pretty Postage and stamped in Island Indigo and punched with the postage punch. The background layers are all Island Indigo. Here's the sketch for this week:


3 comments:

  1. Hey Girl!! What a cute card this week. I have always loved that stamp set. You made great use of those branches. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo. Island indigo is my favorite SU color. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved how you used the postage stamp punch! Such a great idea. I love that paper too...so cheery! Thanks for joining us! ~Jennifer (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete